The Sensplorer 16-port Dry Contact Sensor monitors relay outputs of device and sensors in terms of their status.
A dry contact output can be one of in two status : “1”(closed) or “0” (open). Devices and sensors define the one state as Normal while the other as Alarm. When they are connected to Sensplorer Dry Contact Sensor, Alarm and Normal state is assigned with respect to its documentation.
Sensplorer system is isolated from the foreign device’s outputs to protect itself. Isolation protects the Sensplorer system from unexpected and abnormal signals from the other devices which may damage the whole system The LEDs on the module helps people to see the current state of contacts in the field and to intervene immediately. It is connected to CAN bus of all types of Sensplorer Base Modules by using CAT5 / 6 UTP cable.
The module receives its energy via this UTP connection, no seperate power supply is required. The maximum length of CAN bus can be extended up to 200 meters.However power injection module may be required depending on CAN bus length and the number of CAN modules.
If the sensor value goes out of the range defined by the system admininistrator;
1. Users sensor assigned, “if defined”, receive e-mail, SMS, phone call
2. Sensplorer dashboard shows the status change on dashboard
3. SNMP / Syslog servers ,”if defined”, receives the traps/messages
4. SCADA or BMS systems, ,”if defined”, receives the traps/messages
5. Sensplorer runs the specific rule(s) defined in case of this particular event
6. All events and sensor’s values are stored in the sensor history database for logging or reporting purpose in the future
• Precise and electromagnetically immune dry contact monitoring
• Device and sensors also can be monitored by Sensplorer system via their alarm relay outputs
• Contact signals are isolated from the rest of Sensplorer system
• User defined name, limits and hysteresis.
• It can be used with all Sensplorer Base Modules.
• Instantaneous status of the sensor will appear on the screen of the module.
12V DC , max. 5 W
0 °C / +70 °C
-40 °C / +85 °C
DIN Rail /Wall Mount
158 x 86 x 60 mm
Dry Contact Sensor
Measured Value : “1”( Close Circuit) Or “0” ( Open Circuit) Response Time : max. 1 seconds